7 Basic Baccarat Strategies
Baccarat is one of the world’s most popular casino games, attracting a growing number of fans worldwide. This card game is easy to learn and fun to play, which makes it an excellent choice for players of all skill levels. However, just like any other casino game, baccarat can be challenging to win, which is why it’s important to know some basic strategies before you start playing.
1. Know the rules of the game: The basic strategy in baccarat is to play on low house edge bets with the Banker. This strategy can be used to maximize your chances of winning, and it also helps to reduce the risk of losing too much money.
2. Always remember the 5% commission: The 5% commission charged by the dealer is an important part of the baccarat table’s profit. It’s tracked in the commission box, and it’s collected every time you win a Banker hand.
3. Keep track of your score: The best way to monitor your progress is by keeping a score sheet. A score sheet allows you to see the value of your winning bets and how much you have left to lose. It’s also a great tool for tracking your wins and losses, which can help you to decide when it’s time to stop playing and take a break from the action.
4. Understand the ‘third card draw’ rule: Most people are not familiar with the ‘third card draw’ rules in baccarat, so it’s essential to learn them. Generally, the Player Hand draws a third card if the total is 2 or less, and the Banker draws a third card if their total is 3 or more.
5. Follow bank streaks: When you’re playing baccarat, it’s vital to bet on bankers and players who are running a streak. This will boost your odds of winning and increase your bankroll.
6. Be sure to know your wager: It’s tempting to wager too much on a hand, but you should avoid this if possible. This is because baccarat has an average house edge of 1%. You should also make sure that you have enough funds to cover your bets.
7. Always practice good stake management: Staking 10 units for each wager is a great rule to follow when playing baccarat. A maximum of 200 units per session is a good amount to limit your spending.
8. Know your ‘natural’ cards: In Baccarat, the first two cards determine the winner of the hand. If the first two cards total 8 or 9, the hand is a “natural” and will automatically win. If neither hand has a natural, further cards will be drawn to decide the winner.
9. If you have a high count, drop the first digit to get the true value: This is important because the higher your total, the lower your payout. For example, a hand of 9 and 6 is a 5-point hand, so you need to drop the ‘1’ to get its true value.